We use a constructive approach in auditing. As a result of understanding the client’s systems, procedures and practices we often recommend improvement for more efficient operation, stronger financial structure and improved accounting and administrative controls. A philosophy and practice is to blend the technical, the practical and the business approach in each audit engagement. Our Internal Audit Services focus on the value an organization can drive from successful internal audit activities which have progressed to a proactive, leadership role in assessing and managing strategic risk, as the managing risk to strengthen your business is a key to success.
External Audit and Assurance Engagements
- Statutory audits
- Special purpose audit engagements
- System audits
- Review and Assurance Engagements
- Agreed upon procedure engagements
- Proprietary audits
- Investigation and accounting audits
- Check the extent of compliance with established policies, plans and procedures.
- Review soundness, advocacy and application of accounting / financial and other relevant controls.
- Check the delegation of authorities and their applications at various levels of management.
- Check reliability of accounting and other data developed within the organization and proper coordination between departments.
- Check the quality of performance in carrying out the assigned responsibilities being appraised at the appropriate level of management
- Report and recommend method and systems for overall benefit of the organizations
Internal Control Review
- Complete or partial outsourcing (co-sourcing) of internal audit department.
- Review and restricting of internal audit department.
- Designing of charter of the Audit Committee and Internal Audit department
Monitoring & Evaluation of Projects
- Provide practical guidance on the planning, organization and conduct of monitoring and evaluation processes focused on development results.
- Provide approaches and methods that can be used to measure performance through monitoring and evaluation.
- Find the key areas for performance measurement and the use of indicators in monitoring and evaluation.
- Address the role of evaluative evidence for organizational learning and knowledge management